Fee: $800 (includes $250 down payment)
Plus nonrefundable ($50 application fee)
This Phlebotomy course is a 6-week course designed to teach the knowledge in technical and procedural aspects of basic phlebotomy, including collection of blood specimens and venipuncture required to become a Phlebotomy Technician. As part of the course, students will complete a required externship. Upon completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Draw blood from patients and blood donors
- Evaluate patients’ ability to withstand procedure
- Explain blood-drawing procedure to patients and answer questions
- Perform basic point of care testing, such as blood glucose levels
- Prepare blood, urines, and other specimens for testing
- Verify patient/donor identity
- Maintain medical equipment such as needles, test tubes, and blood vitals
Upon completion of the program, students will be eligible to sit for the NHA certification exam.
Now Enrolling For:
Tuesday & Thursday
- May 23rd – June 29th
- July 11th – August 17th
- August 29th – October 5th
- October 17th – November 30th (out on 11/21 & 11/23 in observation of Thanksgiving)
- All sessions will are held on Tuesday & Thursday
- Class length – 6 weeks
- Morning session – 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. (not offered at this time until further notice)
- Evening session – 5:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- This course is only offered in-house.