Fee: $800 (includes $250 down payment)
Plus nonrefundable ($50 application fee)
This Phlebotomy course is a 6-week course designed to teach the knowledge in technical and procedural aspects of basic phlebotomy, including collection of blood specimens and venipuncture required to become a Phlebotomy Technician. As part of the course, students will complete a required externship. Upon completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Draw blood from patients and blood donors
- Evaluate patients’ ability to withstand procedure
- Explain blood-drawing procedure to patients and answer questions
- Perform basic point of care testing, such as blood glucose levels
- Prepare blood, urines, and other specimens for testing
- Verify patient/donor identity
- Maintain medical equipment such as needles, test tubes, and blood vitals
Now Enrolling For:
Monday & Wednesday
- May 5th – June 9th
- August 15th – September 21st (Out on 09/05/2022 in observance of Labor Day. Make-up day will be Tuesday 09/06/2022)
- October 3rd – November 9th (Out on 10/10/2022 in observance of Columbus Day will be on Tuesday 10/11/2022)
Tuesday & Thursday
- June 21st – August 4th (Out on 07/04/2022 in observance of Independence Day. Make-up day is on Friday 07/08/2022.)
- All sessions will are held on either Monday & Wednesday OR Tuesday & Thursday
- Class length – 6 weeks
- Morning session – 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Evening session – 5:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- This course is only offered in-house.